About Us

View As Webpage | View Archives | Email a Friend

@{mv_date_MMM d, yyyy}@

Two B.C. community forests are sharing the wealth, and changing opinions

CFI spoke with members of the Powell River Community Forest and Tla’amin community forest to get a better sense of how small community-controlled tenures can fit into the bigger picture.

100 years strong: Millar Western Forest Products plans for next 100 years

In 2019, Millar Western Forest Products celebrated their 100-year anniversary. But the company is already focused on the next 100 years, having recently invested $36 million to upgrade their operations.

BC announces changes to the MFPR in bid to boost domestic production

The amended MFPR stipulates that the maximum dimension of lumber that will be classified as a sawn-wood product will be 0.1 square meters (12 x 12 inches). Further domestic processing of lumber will therefore be required before it can be exported.
Sponosred Spotlight 
Frontline Machinery

CBI 6400 – A Revolution in Grinding and Chipping Equipment

The CBI Magnum Force 6400CT is an extreme-duty machine engineered for resilience, versatility, and the ability to process high contaminated feeds. Grinding applications include demolition debris, railroad ties, access mats, whole trees, pallets, storm debris, shingles, logs, mulch, logging slash, and stumps.
The revolutionary new ‘cassette-style’ clamshell design enables simple and efficient rotor changes. End users can go from grinding to chipping in half the time and with four interchangeable rotors, it gives them the versatility to accept jobs with various material demands while staying on top of changing markets.
To learn more or schedule a demo of the CBI 6400, contact Frontline at 1-855-353-4995 or visit frontline-machinery.com/our-equipment/cbi-6400-horizontal-grinder/
Featured News 
Tara Seitz

Logger life: BC log hauler Tiara Seitz paves the way for women in the industry

“There will be people still in this day and age telling you that you can’t as a female. But I’m just thankful I never listened to that,” says Woodrow Trucking owner Tiara Seitz about her experience overcoming discrimination as a woman in log hauling. » Read more...
COVID-19 & beyond

COVID-19 and beyond: Global Softwood Log and Lumber Conference 2020 takeaways

FEA-Canada’s Russ Taylor gives readers a look at the key industry dynamics impacting the softwood lumber industry so far this year, including the spruce bark beetle in Central Europe, COVID-19 and more. » Read more...

BC entrepreneur and Simpcw First Nation purchase Canfor mill

Brian Fehr, founder of BID Group and chair of the board for SmartLam North America, purchased 75 per cent of the property. The remaining 25 per cent has been sold to Simpcw First Nation. » Read more...

Itasca Capital purchases Kenora Forest Products

Kenora Forest Products and its related assets have been sold to 1347 Investors LLC for $11.5 million. The deal is expected to close on Oct. 5, 2020. » Read more about the winners here.

WFP ‘disappointed’ BC will apply tax on Western Red Cedar, Cyprus exports

The amount of the tax varies depending on the extent of processing applied to the lumber before it is exported. » Read more...