About Us

View As Webpage | View Archives | Email a Friend

@{mv_date_MMM d, yyyy}@

WFP completes sale of ownership interest in TFL 44 to Huumiis Ventures LP

With the completion of this transaction, Huumiis (a limited partnership beneficially owned by the Huu-ay-aht First Nations and Western Forest Products) now owns a 35 per cent ownership interest in TFL 44 LP and TFL 44 GP, with Western owning the remaining respective 65 per cent.

Canfor reports record quarterly operating income for Q1 2021 thanks to high lumber prices

In the lumber segment, earnings increased $145.7 million quarter-over-quarter, to an all-time high $606.7 million. These results largely reflected continued strength in global lumber market fundamentals, with demand continuing to outpace available supply.

Resolute reports $87M net income in Q1 2021

Resolute’s wood products segment generated an operating income of $221 million in the quarter, a $93 million improvement from the fourth quarter, due to a $266 per thousand board foot increase in the average transaction price, or 44 per cent, on strong lumber demand.

Madison’s: US housing starts in March flew up, driving strong lumber prices in April

March starts of single-family housing, the largest share of the market and construction method which uses the most wood, flew up by +37% compared to March 2020, at 1.24 million.
Sponsored Spotlight 
Player Design

PDI drying systems

The PDI kiln heating system utilizes PDI’s proprietary waste wood burner and air-to-air heat exchangers to provide ash-free heat for up to two kilns at a time. PDI’s economical waste wood burner is capable providing a steady, stable source of heat while burning a variety of waste fuels with varying moisture content. A heat exchanger allows the combustion heat to be transferred to the inside of the kiln without exposing the final product to any ash or disrupting the airflow balance inside the kiln. PDI’s kiln heating system includes its own control system and supports full integration with kiln controls. » Find out more...
Featured News 
2021 forest certification

2021 update on forest certification in Canada

How have things changed since last year? The short answer is that the 2020 year-end statistics on certification in Canada show little change from 2019. But there are several interesting new aspects of forest management that are attracting public attention, such as forest carbon. » Learn more...
2021 kiln showcase

2021 kiln showcase

CFI takes a look at the newest kilns on the market for drying lumber in 2021. » Learn more...

Tigercat announces new features for RemoteLog and LogOn

The new features include the ability to send and receive text messages on RemoteLog, access the ‘Data that Matters’ from RemoteLog through a new web service, and download and save formatted reports in PDF or CSV formats to a mobile device on LogOn. » Read more...

John Deere adds SBC technology to tracked feller bunchers and harvesters

The Smooth Boom Control (SBC) system instantaneously responds to operator input while smoothing out the acceleration and deceleration of hydraulic functions on the machine, improving overall control. » Read more...

Stella-Jones reports record Q1 2021 EBITDA

“EBITDA grew by 57 per cent to an all-time first quarter high of $99 million and net income doubled to $56 million compared to the same period last year,” said Éric Vachon, president and CEO of Stella-Jones. » Read more...

GreenFirst Forest Products reports $2.25M loss in 2020

Although the company reported a net loss in 2020, GreenFirst has recently acquired six sawmills and one newsprint mill in Ontario and Quebec, and will conduct a rights offering with Senvest Management for a profit of $148 million. » Read more...
Madison's Lumber Report

Dust Safety Week 2021

June 21-25, 2021
Location: canadianbiomassmagazine.ca
» Learn more

Elmia Wood 2022

June 2-4, 2022
Location: Jönköping, Sweden
» Learn more