A message from our sponsor

Bakery Showcase 2022 is just around the corner, April 10-11 at Toronto’s Congress Centre! Canada’s national baking industry event – presented by the Baking Association of Canada and featuring a bustling trade show and conference – will feature an exciting lineup of inspirational and informative speaker sessions and absorbing demonstrations that include sampling.

It’s the only show like it in Canada, a one-stop shop for making connections and the best way for your bakery business to get refreshed and up to date on trends!

Here are a few highlights:

Adventures on the Great Canadian Baking Show

Sunday, April 10
In the session rooms
Mahathi Mundluru baked up a storm on the Great Canadian Baking Show, earning a spot as finalist in Season 4. Mahathi shares why she entered the competition, what it’s like to bake under the tent, how she handled the special pressure that comes with competing and details of her specialties. Bring your questions for this dynamic baker!
Justine Martin of Guilty Pleasures Bakery + Catering in Sudbury, Ont., and award-winning sugar artist, will show bakers how to use edible icing sheets creatively to get interesting effects on your cookies and baked goods.

Top 5 Trends and Opportunities for Your Bakery

Monday, April 11
In the session rooms
Jane Dummer, Registered Dietitian, will present a look ahead at baking trends and suggest ways you can act on these shifts in the market to ensure your bakery or bakery café thrives into the future. From e-commerce and added nutrition to emotional well-being and good for the planet, learn from Jane why these trends are important to your bakery and how to make the most of these growing opportunities.
Chef Patrick Newton will bake cheese puffs (gougères/profiteroles), demonstrating the keys to a successful paté a choux, how to put your best creative foot forward and the ins and outs of the relationship of fats and cannabinoids. Enjoy delicious samples!

The Bakery Showcase conference sessions are brought to you by FCC – Farm Credit Canada.

The Bakery Showcase Main Stage demonstrations are brought to you by
California Raisins and the Peanut Council of Canada

Baking Association of Canada
c/o 4-2380 Wyecroft Rd. Oakville, ON L6L 6W1
Telephone : 905 405 0288 | info@baking.ca | www.baking.ca