Bakery Showcase heads West in 2023! Join us on May 14-15 at the Vancouver Convention Centre! The Baking Association of Canada's national baking industry event, featuring a bustling trade show and conference, will feature an exciting lineup of inspirational speakers, education sessions, competitions and demonstrations.
Connecting and Learning
Check out the updated schedule at bakeryshowcasecanada.ca, which includes these practical and inspiring sessions:
Scouting Products and Tools
- What does a sustainable bakery look like – and how do we get there? Learn strategies from a panel that includes Matt Cimon, president of Portofino Bakery and co-founder of Bond Bakery Brands, and Michelle Reid, business lead for B Corp!
- A panel celebrating Women in Baking sponsored by Ardent Mills!
- Baker and podcaster Mark Dyck offers guidance on how bakeries can tell the story of their bakery . . . and how it can help your bottom line!
- The Baking Association of Canada’s annual general meeting and meet-and-greet!
- A panel of up-and-coming bakeries share their origin stories, struggles and triumphs!
- Top bakers and pastry chefs demonstrate techniques and field questions on the baking stage!
- The Canadian Pizza Summit and Chef of the Year Competition featuring top chefs vying for a trip to Las Vegas Pizza Expo! Discover what the most creative pizza chefs in Canada are doing with dough and toppings!
Showcase will provide a gathering place for all facets of the baking industry. Bakery businesses will find baked goods (fresh, proof & bake, par-baked, freezer-to-oven, thaw & serve), baking ingredients, equipment, packaging services and technology and experts to keep you up to date on baking innovations.
Finding Solutions to Pain Points
As government regulations ban the manufacturing of certain types of hard-to-recycle plastics, busy bakeries, pizzerias, restaurants and food businesses are facing the daunting task of sourcing alternative sustainable packaging. You and your team will make helpful connections with suppliers of state-of-the-art packaging, equipment, innovative ingredients, tech tools, financing programs, sustainable packaging and more. At every booth you’ll find experts ready to problem-solve with you on your most persistent challenges, help you work smarter, grow and reap the rewards.
The next Showcase West happens in 2027, so don’t miss your chance to connect now in the Vancouver! It’s the only show like it in Canada, a one-stop shop for making connections with vendors and fellow baking professionals and the best way to refresh your bakery business and get up to date on trends!