A message from our sponsor

Ontario is home to North America’s third-largest food manufacturing sector, with meat processing and bakery production leading the way. Yearly sales total more than $34 billion, making it a critical part of Canada’s food supply chain. It recently became the latest industry to undergo an in-depth risk assessment and root cause analysis facilitated by Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS).

Ontario’s Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training, and Skills Development (MLITSD) established this methodology as a way to engage industry stakeholders to better understand the top risks to workers’ health and safety and solutions and controls to reduce risk to lost-time injuries.

The MLITSD’s methodology focuses on leading indicators, rather than lagging indicators, and leverages the knowledge and insights of front-line workers and managers. This approach has been successfully applied in the transportation, mining, and construction sectors. For food processing, WSPS facilitated the risk assessment workshop this past October.

See what industry workers and employers from across the sector uncovered.

Workplace Safety & Prevention Services
300 - 5110 Creekbank Road Mississauga Ontario L4W 0A1 Canada
(905) 614-1400 | www.wsps.ca | Contact Us