A message from our sponsor

Connect with the baking, pizza and food-service industries at the Baking Association of Canada’s Bakery Showcase!

Join us on May 14-15 at the Vancouver Convention Centre! The Baking Association of Canada's national baking industry event, featuring a bustling trade show and conference, will feature an exciting lineup of inspirational speakers, education sessions, competitions and demonstrations.

Check out the updated schedule at bakeryshowcasecanada.ca, which includes these sessions to inform and inspire baking and food-service professionals:
  • Special guest, Bruno Feldeisen, accomplished chef and judge on CBC's Great Canadian Baking Show, will help judge our Mother’s Day Celebration Student Cake-Decorating Competition and sign copies of his book at the BAC booth.
  • An exciting Mother’s Day Celebration Student Cake-Decorating Competition sponsored by Dawn Foods.
  • A powerhouse panel celebrating Women in Baking, sponsored by Ardent Mills.
  • It's Sourdough in the Spotlight as Puratos' Jan Willem Groen talks about trends and unusual uses for sourdough, followed by Sourdough Magic, a demonstration where technical experts Michael Ranaudo and Tony Amaro will show you how to incorporate Puratos' newest Whole Wheat Sourdough (Sapore Leo) into a delicious whole-grain bread. On Monday, delve into Sustainable Chocolate Solutions with Sylvestre Awono where you'll learn about and taste Cacao-Trace to understand and experience its unique characteristics. These exciting sessions are brought to you by Puratos!
  • The Baking Association of Canada’s annual general meeting and meet-and-greet, international visitors meetup and Vancouver harbour dinner cruise.
  • Karen Bornarth of the Bread Bakers Guild of America will share “A Formula for Thriving Businesses and Good Jobs.”
  • Canadian Pizza Summit and prestigious Chef of the Year Competitions part of Bakery Showcase for the first time!
  • What does a sustainable bakery look like – and how do we get there? Learn strategies from Matt Cimon, president of Portofino Bakery and co-founder of Bond Bakery Brands, and Michelle Reid of B Lab/B Corp.
  • Dr. M. Hikmet Boyacioglu, Applications Development Specialist, KPM Analytics, will explain Why Damaged Starch Is a Must Parameter in Flour Specifications for Bakers.
  • Top bakers and pastry chefs from Vancouver Island University and Vancouver Community College demonstrate techniques on the baking stage, including Beekeeping and the Baker, Bi-colour Lamination in Strawberry Rose
  • Croissants and Chocolate: More Than Just Bean to Bar.
  • An engaging Women in Pizza: Canadian Edition led by Stephanie Swane, publisher of Modernist Bread and Modernist Pizza.

These diverse, interactive sessions will complement attendees’ trade show experience:

Connecting and Learning
The baking industry will benefit from education sessions exploring such topics as telling your bakery’s story, celebrating women in baking and sustainability. They’ll see engaging demonstrations by top bakers, exciting student and pizza competitions and have outstanding access to market research – all in one place over two days!

Scouting Products and Tools
Showcase will provide a gathering place for all facets of the baking industry. Bakery businesses will find baked goods (fresh, proof & bake, par-baked, freezer-to-oven, thaw & serve), baking ingredients, equipment, packaging services and technology and experts to keep them up to date on baking innovations.

Finding Solutions to Pain Points
As government regulations ban the manufacturing of certain types of hard-to-recycle plastics, busy bakeries, pizzerias, restaurants and food businesses are facing the daunting task of sourcing alternative sustainable packaging. Attending food businesses and their teams will make helpful connections with suppliers of state-of-the-art packaging, equipment, innovative ingredients, tech tools, financing programs, sustainable packaging and more. At every booth they’ll find experts – YOU – ready to problem-solve with them on their most persistent challenges, help them work smarter, grow and reap the rewards. Bring your expertise to Bakery Showcase to help them make this transition!

The next Showcase West happens in 2027, so don’t miss your chance to connect now in the Vancouver! It’s the only show like it in Canada, a one-stop shop for making connections with vendors and fellow baking professionals and the best way to refresh your bakery business and get up to date on trends!

Book your booth now! To exhibit and/or sponsor, CLICK HERE!

Baking Association of Canada
c/o 4-2380 Wyecroft Rd. Oakville, ON L6L 6W1
Telephone : 905 405 0288 | info@baking.ca | www.baking.ca