This webinar will discuss some of the challenges and solutions associated with leading edge and sharp edge applications in the construction industry. Newer leading edge SRLs enable users to tie off at their feet in situations where there is no anchor available above the user’s head. On construction sites, in particular, there are multiple instances where sharp edges can cause extreme danger to the lifeline in a fall arrest over the edge. These leading edge SRLs are designed to protect the user and the lifeline itself. The addition of energy absorbers enable the SRLs to arrest the fall without damage or failure.
This webinar will cover:
• Definition of leading edge versus sharp edge
• Overview of common applications/misconceptions
• Regulatory requirements
• Appropriate PPE/System selection
• CSA and ANSI testing protocols for leading edge
• New requirements for working below the D-ring during leading edge applications